August 26, 2016

Tag You're It #54 - Reminder

Happy Friday!

There's still time to play along with the current Tag You're It Challenge #54!


We were so lucky to be inspired this challenge by Michelle Short of The Card Grotto! I love Michelle's design style. I created my tag very similar to her tag by starting with a white tag and colouring the entire thing. I think this is the first time I have coloured such a large space with Copic markers.

I stamped a bloom from Altenew's Bamboo Rose and coloured the rose and leaves in pinks and greens and then the background using blues. I added a bit of splotching with my colorless blender just like Michelle did but very carefully. Not a good idea to try something new on a finished piece--lol! I painted the entire flower and the leaves with a clear Spectrum Noir glitter marker and added a few sequins to finish it off.

tracey_TYI#54

Have a fabulous weekend!


12 comments :

TK said...

Super sweet tag, and you CASEd Michelle's well!

cm said...

Smitten with your sweet bamboo rose, Tracey! Soooo pretty!
Hugs~c

Barb Ghig said...

Your bamboo rose is so pretty, and I love your background, Tracey! Thanks for the reminder...I'll be playing along again :)

Lisa Lara said...

What a beautiful tag Tracey and so sweet. I just love it.

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely tag Tracey, what a nifty rose!

Michelle Short said...

This is gorgeous, Tracey! I love your take on my tag. I love your colouring and how you coloured the whole tag, like I did :) That sparkle finishes it off perfectly :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING that flower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is SO lovely, Tracey, the soft blue background with that beautiful flower, WOW!!!

Happy Dance said...

So pretty Tracey. I've been a bit caught up in happenings around here, but found time yesterday to craft. One of my first creations in a long time was a tag for this challenge. Your rose, with its bit of sparkle is gorgeous. Love the colors you've used. Hope all is well with you. Oh! I had a 19-day run of NO ykws!!!! That's a record, and one I hope you've matched!! Bev

Anita in France said...

Ooooh, pretty, Tracey ... such a lovely bloom ... fabulous with all the shimmer! Hugs, Anita :)

Cat Craig said...

Love the bloom on this tag, so pretty and colorful. I've been away and am trying to catch up. Loved your fun monkey card too! My favorite of the past week or so is the little paper airplane card. So sweet.

Unknown said...

Love your take on the tag!! Gorgeous rose!!